Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Very Vancouver Vacation

After a friend's wedding in CT on Saturday, I am off to explore Vancouver, BC and I can't wait! I still have some reading to catch up on since I didn't read as much as I thought I might in Thailand. I am currently loving The Paris Wife and can't wait to finish it in Vancouver--preferably in a outdoor cafe in the 70 degree weather that the Canadians are experiencing right now.  Getting out of this 90 plus degree weather will be such a treat!
Some of the musts on my Vancouver "to do" list (aside from reading in cafes with some amazing coffee in hand!):
Vij's: One reviewer described waiting to get into this Indian restaurant as an amazing cocktail party hosted by a vibrant, worldly host...umm..yeah, I think I want to go there! Everywhere from the New York Times to Food and Wine magazine says that this is some of the best Indian food that they have ever had.  Seeing as one of the best meals that I had in Thailand was actually Indian food --served as we sat barefoot on cushions on a bamboo plank oceanside-- this place has much to live up to and I hope that it delivers!
Celebration of Light: We are staying right by Stanley Park and will, apparently, be able to see this from our balcony. I have seen many a fireworks display in my life, but I am told this is more than just hype...so excited!
Raw Canvas: Their tagline? "Eat. Drink. Make Art." I'm sold. Apparently, in addition to great live music, an amazing wine list, and delicious and inventive food, this place has canvases and paint where you sit and make a masterpiece while drinking...sounds frighteningly amazing, no?! I can't wait to see what I come up with after some in vino veritas.
MacLeod's Books: This looks a lot like my favorite New York City bookstore: The Strand, therefore, I am guessing I will love this place!
Blue Water Cafe and Raw Bar: Winning best restaurant in Vancouver, this place has a menu that sounds divine...I was in Thailand for the boyfriend's birthday and can't wait to take him here to celebrate!! All I can say is that their scallops are made with candied ginger and citrus sauce...Can. Not. Wait. To. Sample.
In addition, I have a two page, typed list of things I am hoping to cover while there...think I can do it all??! Hmmm...maybe reading there will be too ambitious as well. The Paris Wife may just have to wait until I return...

No comments:

Post a Comment