Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Schedule

Sometimes I think I have attention deficit disorder. I have literally been home for four days this entire summer and, the second I am home, I am searching for things to do... To quell my current bout of ADD I have devised a plan for the day tomorrow that I am quite excited about.
First, there is a new cafe that has opened in my neighborhood: It is French and sells all sorts of adorable goods imported from France in addition to the most amazing pastries and coffee drinks. I will begin there with a warm almond croissant and a chilled caffeinated beverage.
Next, since I am lucky enough to live in walking distance to the Met, I will head over there for an exhibit that I am incredibly excited about. I am told that one must arrive early to beat the lines for this limited exhibition.  Alexander McQueen's: Savage Beauty, which runs through the 7th of August looks pure cool. I am hoping that it will inspire my limited fashion sense.
While I don't think I will ever have a need to wear a tail such as this one, the imagination necessary to create this is pretty awe-inspiring.
From here I will definitely make a stop on the roof to visit the Anthony Caro sculptural exhibit (and perhaps grab a cool beverage to combat the heat). As I have mentioned before, the roof garden at the Met is one of my favorite New York "secrets."
After a quick stroll through the park, I will be on my way to meet a friend (and her adorable little baby!) for some ice cream before heading home.
All in all, the perfect antidote to ADD!

No comments:

Post a Comment