Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Night of Shakes

Tonight I am off to see All's Well That Ends Well at Shakespeare in the Park, which will be preceded by a shake at Shake Shack...ahhh yes...a night of "Shakes!" I can't wait! While it is still sweltering hot here, I am optimistic that there will be a cool breeze and a glimpse of a clear starry sky at Central Park's Delacorte Theater tonight.
If ever in New York City during the summer, I recommend Shakespeare in the Park...if not for the Shakespeare then for the perfect New York summer ambiance.  Yes, you have to wait in line for tickets (or win them in a drawing), but it is worth it.  If you have the resources you can also hire a "linesitter." Only in New York!
My ingredients for a perfect Shakespeare in the Park evening? First, the perfect weather. This one is hard to arrange, but is a magical ingredient.  Second, the perfect wine. One of the great beauties of Shakespeare in the Park is that you can bring wine in (technically, as long as it is not in glass bottle, though I have never seen anyone policing this too much). I recommend a summery rose or a crisp sauvignon blanc!  Third, the perfect picnic. A little brie, a French baguette, and some red grapes would do nicely. Lastly, great company.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you were able to get the perfect picnic together. I know you had the perfect company, so hopefully you were able to pick up the wine, baguette, brie and grapes.

    ReplyDelete