Thursday, July 21, 2011

Babies, Weddings, Birthdays

July is always a busy month (for me at least) in the world of festivities.  As a kid, I remember July as being filled with birthdays. A glorious month consumed by cake: ice cream cakes, chocolate cakes, carrot cakes, and 80s character cakes.  Not only does my birthday fall in this month, but many other friends and family share this birthday month.  As I have gotten older, and close friends began to marry, another layer of festivities has been enfolded in my July repertoire.  I now share my birthday with at least three friend's wedding anniversaries.  As time has further passed, another life milestone and cause for celebration has entered the world of July fun: the birth of babies.  Just mere hours prevented me from sharing a birthday with one of my closest friend's little ones, who was born on July 17th.  While I may soon need a personal assistant to keep all these dates straight, I must say that I love July for all of the joy that it holds.
This weekend, I look forward to celebrating one of my dearest friend's bachelorette parties.  Can't wait to send her off into married life with a festivity-filled weekend of dancing, feather boas, and, of course, cake!
Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment