Thursday, January 27, 2011

Champagne Love...

Tomorrow is Friday! YAY for the weekend!  This week is restaurant week in New York City and I am excited for my reservation tomorrow night.  This is going to be a champagne filled weekend for me--LOVE... From pre-dinner champagne tomorrow night at Flute with my lovely boyfriend to a champagne brunch with my favorite girls on Saturday, I can't wait to get my fill of my favorite cocktail...
As I think about that oh so sacred time in a working woman's week (the weekend), I can't help but recommend a great book for those looking for things to do around New York City.  I just think that it is such a wonderful compilation of places, tastes, and even tourist attractions! While the book is not organized well for someone who wants to quickly look something up, it is a great book to read before visiting New York, or if you are trying to think about things you might like to do in the future in this city with so much to do.  Ranging from the uber-touristy--which you might want to avoid if you live here--to the best-kept secrets, this book does an excellent job of examining the big apple! 

In honor of champagne brunch...here's the recipe for my favorite champagne cocktail courtesy of my  favorite San Diego girl!

1/2 part St Germaine Elderflower liquor
Top with champagne (Veuve or Piperheidsieck are my favorite moderately priced champagnes; however, any champagne works!)
Garnish with fresh strawberries
YUMMMM...
Delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment