Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowy Nights

Once again snow is in the forecast for New York City. While perhaps not a storm of the momentum of the blizzard of Christmas 2010, even just a snowglobe-esque quantity makes me dream of bathtubs, tea and, of course, a good read.  With that in mind, any reading tonight need not transport me to distant locations but rather immerse me in the comfort of home... That said, I certainly wouldn't turn down a trip to the French Alps.

While the view out my window is more taxicabs and coffeeshops, I will pretend that the snow I see is not slushy and brown but powdery and stacked high on the French Alps.  Fireplace lit.  Tea steaming. Mountain views. And what to read in this perfect setting? Why Mary Shelley's Frankenstein of course! 


There's nothing like the romance of gothic fiction to settle in for a long winter's night...


Add a fireplace, some tea, and...voila! Bring on the snow...


No comments:

Post a Comment