Sunday, April 22, 2012

Birthdays, Promotions, and Celebrations...

After an exhausting week, (for some reason, I am one of those people who is terribly affected by jetlag, which made for a not-so-fun return to work after the break--not to mention a wonderful, but impromptu, hosting of a friend from Sweden) I was ready for a relaxing weekend this weekend!

Friday was perfectly restful, with a night out to dinner followed by a movie and an early bedtime. Saturday, my mom and sisters came in to celebrate; my sister recently got a promotion, my mom had a birthday just last week, and all in all, it was just time for a celebratory day! We began the day with mimosas and a delicious brunch at East End Kitchen, a place right in my neighborhood that I had been meaning to try. From there we headed out to get manicures and pedicures. We were all feeling emboldened by the morning mimosas I think and, therefore, walked out with bright oranges and pinks. My own nails prompted the manicurist to point at my fingers and say, "New fashion trend?" as I left the salon. I think not...one of my favorite bloggers always does something different with her fourth nail! That, and well...again...there were the mimosas!
Following our manicures, we walked over to Central Park, which was absolutely beautiful and filled with people who were soaking up the unexpectedly gorgeous weather! We ended the day with cupcakes (and more champagne!) to celebrate.
At night, M. and I headed to a new(er) bar that is (sort of) in our area called ABV. Back on St. Patrick's Day, as we walked home from the parade, we found ourselves searching for the Marx Brothers' old house (yes, because that is the kind of thing that WE do on a Saturday afternoon) and we stumbled upon a bunch of new and adorable places in the (upper) Upper East Side. Turns out this place has amazing food and delicious wine and beer. It reminded us of places in (hipper) Brooklyn and my fish tacos were divine...A perfect end to a perfect day.

Today was rainy. Never a good thing for people like me. Stuck inside, I began what I like to call "summer scheming..." Poor M. came back from his office to find a full travel itinerary laid out for him for this summer, a diagram of our living room with new furniture locations, a large list of summer projects to keep me busy so that I don't drive everyone crazy while on summer break, oh, and curtain ideas strewn everywhere (as, part of that aforementioned project list will involve enlisting M.'s crafty mother to take me on as an apprentice this summer!). Speaking of crafts, I cant wait to head here and here tomorrow after work!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

1 comment: