Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring is in the "Eyre"

Perhaps it is all this talk of the film, but lately I have been yearning to re-read an old favorite: Jane Eyre.  I have heard that the film is very entertaining and I might even brave the New York City theater bedbug epidemic to go see the film...okay, so maybe there is not a movie theater bedbug epidemic, but it does seem sort of Shakespearian to need to avoid the local entertainment options due to a "plague." Oh Mr. Rochester??? Wherefore art thou???
And for Jean Rhys' response to Charlotte Bronte, read Wide Sargasso Sea. It will completely sabotage your idea of the happy ending...in a thought provoking and awesome way, of course. 
Happy Monday! Loving this incredible weather. My personal signs that it is really spring: I actually walked home through Central Park sans coat today. I was sipping on an ICED coffee while I did this. Oh, and my ballet flats have made their way to a prominent position in my closet.
JCrew must agree with me as not only do they have the most adorable ballet flats right now, but their 20% off code is "Sunny."
Happiness.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment