Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Footnotes

Well, I have been on quite the hiatus! Life, as you well know, is busy and these past few weeks have been filled to the brim with commitments (both exciting and mundane), which have made it difficult to make time for my favorite pastime of blogging. That said, here are some lovely things that I am enjoying on this beautiful, fall Friday with the auspicious date: 11/11/11!

The Radical Camera: New York's Photo League. This exhibit at the Jewish Museum was fascinating and I recommend it. They have free admission on Saturdays until 5:45 too! The boyfriend and I went last Saturday and found the photographs to be an amazing reflection of every day, urban life during the Great Depression in New York City. Check it out!
From The Jewish Museum Website 
Not to focus entirely on museums or anything, but another exhibit that looks like it is going to be so much fun is the exhibit at The New Museum: Carston Holler "The Experience." In this exhibit, he transports museumgoers back into childhood where they ride the carousal, fly down a giant slide, try on upside down goggles, and experience zero gravity. Now that's my kind of museum! I can't wait to head down there today after a stop at The Meatball Shop...YUM!
From the Huffington Post 
Precious Knowledge: This film is being screened on Saturday up at the Schomburg and I can't wait to attend! Click HERE for the trailer. 

My date tonight with the boyfriend...we are heading to The Mussel Pot, which is one of my favorite places to indulge in one of my favorite dishes...MUSSELS!!! I think I will order the Thai mussels...yum...perfection! The last time we walked by this street was on Halloween as we headed over to the Village Halloween Parade and, on the way, we saw a lovely little wine bar that we plan to stop at tonight as well. In my mind, there is no better way to spend a Friday; wine, mussels, good company! 

Happy, happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment