Saturday, July 13, 2013

Life Lately

Well, it's been a long time since I've written...

Months, in fact. Since it is summer and I am not quite as busy with work and classes I should have more time to update the old blog.

It was a busy end to the school year. I took my last graduate school class in the first summer session, so the end-of-the-year insanity of meetings, grade submissions, and concluding units coincided with a difficult, but amazing, graduate school class. I can't believe I am done with coursework--and that I am such a nerd that I already miss it.

Since I last wrote, a lot of wonderful things have happened: perhaps my favorite being that it is now okay to openly share that my lovely and dear lifelong friend is pregnant and will have her baby boy some time in the next week or two. We had a baby shower for her in Boston and it was so wonderful to see her gorgeous pregnant self and all of my friends from high school. We are all in such incredibly different places in our lives and yet there is something so amazing about long term friendship where that doesn't matter when you are all together.
I went to an inspiring conference on social justice education-- and presented my own research at a conference at Columbia, which was scary, but exciting.
Spring in New York City reared its head after a long, arduous winter, which resulted in many outings on the ferry, taste testings at Smorgasburg, wandering around Brooklyn Zinefest, cocktails on the Met Rooftop Garden, and a much appreciated increase in al fresco dining around NYC...
Spring also resulted in my engagement in an activity in which I never partake: Cooking! My favorite summer traveling partners and I all got together to use the skills gained from our Thai cooking class in Chiang Mai--not to mention the opportunity to reminisce about all of our travels. Shortly after, my lovely friend J. shared with us that she is pregnant and, what seemed like moments after this exciting news, another one of my favorite people called and asked, "Will you be my bridesmaid this February?!"
Add in an awesome bachelorette party on the beautiful island of Nantucket, my first trip (unbelievably considering the proximity) to the beaches of Long Island, and indeed, it has been an exciting spring!
Perhaps most exciting (perhaps only to me!) M. completed his PhD. and is now "Dr. M." Yay!!! #nowitsmyturn... :)
Life lately has taken on the pace of summer that I adore. While I have had some work related stuff that has kept me busy during the weekdays, weekends have been filled with trips to Rhode Island beaches, beach trips with friends, picking organic berries on M.'s mom's friend's farm, afternoons leisurely sipping wine at a local winery with my mom, lovely meals with friends and family, and even a night spent dancing at Midsummer Night Swing's "silent disco--" which, if you've not been, is such a cool experience! I am looking forward to some awesome upcoming summer trips and can't wait to relish in all of the warm weather joys of summer...
Book updates to follow once I am back into the swing of blogging again!

In the meantime, happy summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment