Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pro-Procrastinator

I have a paper due for my International Human Rights Law class, so I am procrastinating. It's what I do. Sigh.
I haven't written in awhile, since I have been busy with classes and work and trying to have some fun along the way.

To catch you up...I have pretty much just been eating a lot. It's January and it's cold here, and since it's so cold, all of my recent meetups with M. and with friends have been to restaurants to eat and drink in effort to stave off the misery of single digit temperatures. My favorite recent venture was to DBGB, where we met friends last Tuesday, and that I completely recommend should you find yourself in the East Village of Manhattan. M. and I also headed to the museums last weekend where we saw an awesome exhibit on WWII in NYC.
In an exhausting attempt at furthering my own karmic evolution, I also chaperoned the senior trip a couple of weekends ago. 55 seventeen-year-olds out in the middle of nowhere. Yup. Like I said... exhausting.  After three full days of horseback riding, snow tubing, manhunt playing, rock climbing, archery, lifeguarding, and a nightly dance chaperoning experience that made me fearful of days I ever have teenagers I am responsible for fulltime, I was in awe of all of the parents I know. The students were in confined quarters for the weekend and by hour number three, they were on each other's nerves, resulting in an added need for therapy services. We also had to tape their doors closed each night so that they would not sneak out, which did not prevent them from sneaking out the last night and leaving a note that was taped to our door using the same tape we used to seal them into their rooms. Pretty sure I will not be signing up to chaperone trips anytime soon.

This weekend was the winter storm Nemo, which was pretty, but that left much of the east coast buried. M. and I were all too happy to head out this morning and get brunch, since we were going a bit stir crazy after being cooped up yesterday.
I'll tell you one thing...this weather has inspired me to look for tickets to somewhere warm. I am sensing a trip in the near future. Miami? Curacao? Aruba? My pasty skin needs some sun...

Stay warm everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha - love the sign your kids hung in retaliation for you "taping" them into their rooms. I can't wait to have "Fun Auntie Sarah" help chaperone Sammy's future field trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...my chaperoning days are definitely over! Maybe I'll make an exception for Sammy and future little H though!

    ReplyDelete